Travel With Pets to Historic Georgia City on Atlantic Ocean
Savannah is a graceful southern town with a rich history. Pet-friendly hotels welcome Fido and Fifi to enjoy the southern climate and hospitality.
Savannah is an oceanfront city in Georgia. The coastal city is noted for its rich history and gracious southern way of life. Pet-friendly hotels welcome the family dog or cat to travel along on vacation.
Savannah, Georgia is a historic southern city on the Atlantic Ocean coast. Travelers enjoy the historic town, quaint shops, graceful buildings and beautiful southern gardens.
There are several hotels in the historic city of Savannah that allow canine and feline companions along with human guests. People enjoy bringing their dogs and cats on vacation.
Following are hotels in Savannah that allow the family dog or cat in guest accommodations. .
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Resort amenities include high speed Internet, cable television, and tennis. Greenbrier and Spa offers massage, facials and boy treatments. Dine at Aqua Star, Midnight Sun of Club Grille. One dog up to 40 pounds allowed per room. Dog-friendly rooms are limited, so make advance reservations. Pet fee of $100 applies. 1-888-625-5144.
- Catherine Ward House Inn. Historic Italianate Inn was built in 1886. Dogs allowed as long as they bring their human with them. The inn is close to the park, which is a great place to walk dogs. $25 one time pet fee. 1-800-327-4270.
- Clarion Inn & Suites. Inn is located minutes from historic downtown Savannah. Pets up to 30 pounds allowed. Fee $35 per pet, per night. 1-912-920-3212.
- Clubhouse Inn. Hotel amenities include a free hot breakfast buffet, free evening manager’s reception, free coffee and tea served in lobby, free high-speed Internet, outdoor swimming pool in garden courtyard, indoor whirlpool, business center. Pets welcome. 1-912-356-1234.
- Holiday Inn Savannah-Midtown. Amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, business services and fitness center. Pets up to 25 pounds allowed. Pet fee $25.00. 1-912-352-7100.
- Homewood Suites. Amenities include a swimming pool, fitness room and complimentary breakfast. Pets up to 45 pounds allowed. Pet fee $45. 1-912-353-8500.
- La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown. Features include a complimentary continental breakfast, outdoor swimming pool. Pets welcome. 1-912-355-0143.
- Residence Inn Savannah Midtown. Suite accommodations. Hotel features indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, fitness center, complimentary breakfast and manager’s reception. Pets allowed. Pet fee $100. 1-912-356-3266.
- Suites on Layfayette. Accommodations in renovated historic buildings. One to four-bedroom condo apartments have fully equipped kitchens, heart pine wood floors, high ceilings, ceiling fams, wireless internet access. The property is located on Layfayette Square near Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, Hamilton-Turner House, Andrew Low House and Flannery O’Conner Museum. Dogs welcome. 1-866-578-4837.
- Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah West. Amenities include free breakfast, free high speed internet, swimming pool. Pets allowed.
Information in the article was gathered on the hotel web sites and over the telephone. Hotel policies are subject to change without notice. Call the individual hotels for additional information and to make advance reservations. Ask the hotels about fees and pet policies.
For more pet friendly travel, read: Pet Friendly Hotels in Brunswick, GA; Jekyll Island, GA; Jacksonville, FL; St. Augustine FL; and Hilton Head, SC.