Seafood lovers won’t be disappointed when visiting these local favorite restaurants located in downtown Atlanta and the north metropolitan area.
Although Atlanta may not be a coastal town, visitors to Georgia’s capital city will feel like they’re sailing on the sea when they dine at one of these fine fish establishments.
McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant at the CNN Center
Atlanta is home to two of the more than 85 locations of McCormick & Schmick’s throughout the U.S. The downtown restaurant is located at CNN headquarters, close to the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Centennial Olympic Park. The menu is printed twice a day to take full advantage of the freshest fish available. Other choices include crab, sushi and a seafood bar. Lunch is guaranteed in 45 minutes.
- Downtown: 190 Marietta St., Atlanta, Georgia, 30303. 404-521-1236.
- Near Perimeter Mall: 600 Ashwood Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia, 30338. 770-399-9900.
- Casual elegant
Legal Sea Foods in Downtown Atlanta
The Atlanta location of this famous Boston restaurant is in the Hilton Garden Inn, across from the Georgia Aquarium and close to the World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Centennial Olympic Park. The lower level houses the Oyster Bar and lounge while the second floor features the dining room and balcony with views of the Atlanta skyline. Food here is New England style featuring lobster, chowder, seafood rolls and fresh wood-gilled fish.
- 275 Baker St. NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30313. 678-500-3700.
Oceanaire Seafood Room in Midtown Atlanta
This midtown Atlanta restaurant – one of 12 locations across the U.S. – was Atlanta Magazine’s Best Seafood Splurge of 2006. The menu is printed daily and a special three-course Market Menu is offered with or without wine pairings.
- 1100 Peachtree St., Atlanta, Georgia, 30309 (close to Piedmont Park and the High Museum of Art). 404-475-2277.
- Business Casual
Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House
This casual eatery with two locations in Atlanta offers southern-style seafood in a neighborhood pub setting. Diners can enjoy steamed shellfish, Po’boys, seafood tacos, fried baskets and low country boil. And for those feeling frisky there are the Six Feet Under oyster shooters.
- Grant Park (near Zoo Atlanta, Turner Field and historic Oakland Cemetery): 437 Memorial Dr. SE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30312. 404-523-6664.
- Westside (near The Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlantic Station and IKEA): 685 11th Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30318. 404-810-0040.
Atlanta Fish Market in Buckhead
Located in the upscale Atlanta neighborhood of Buckhead, Atlanta Fish Market was listed in Zagat Survey’s top echelon in Top Seafood for 2007/2008. The menu, printed twice daily, features fresh fish prepared in various styles including broiled, blackened or Hong Kong style. Seafood lovers will also find oysters, sushi rolls, lobster and chowder here.
- 265 Pharr Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30305 (Look for the 65-foot copper fish sculpture). 404-262-3165.
- Casual classy
Chequers Seafood Grill Near Perimeter Mall
Chequers has been serving fine seafood to Atlanta residents and visitors for 25 years. Menu favorites include the crab cakes, lobster bisque and mesquite-grilled fresh fish. A three or four-course Chef’s Tasting Menu is offered with or without wine pairings. The Sunday brunch buffet and daily happy hours are quite popular.
- 236 Perimeter Center Parkway NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30346 (near Perimeter Mall). 770-391-9383.
- Business casual
Goldfish Restaurant Atlanta
This contemporary casual restaurant is conveniently located adjacent to Perimeter Mall. Fresh fish can be pan-roasted, grilled and blackened, steamed or fried. Sushi, small plates and sandwiches are also served.
- 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Rd., Atlanta, Georgia, 30346. 770-671-0100.
- h2sr.com/goldfish (owned by Here To Serve Restaurants)
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
This casual New Orleans-style restaurant has three locations in north metro Atlanta. The menu features Bourbon Street favorites like etoufee and gumbo as well as oysters, crawfish, shrimp, catfish, lobster and crab legs. Kids are always welcome and the Sunday brunch buffet is a hit.
- 2830 Windy Hill Rd., Marietta, Georgia, 30067. 770-984-8899.
- 5635 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross, Georgia, 30071. 770-849-0600.
- 10795 Davis Dr., Alpharetta, Georgia, 30009. 770-992-5566.
Atlantic Seafood Company
Located in the family-friendly suburb of Alpharetta, this contemporary restaurant features interesting preparations of fresh fish including mango barbecue, pecan-crusted and low country, among others. On Friday nights diners are treated to live jazz.
- 2345 Mansell Rd., Alpharetta, Georgia, 30022 (near North Point Mall). 770-640-0488.
Several other national chain restaurants specializing in seafood are also located throughout metro Atlanta, including Red Lobster, Joe’s Crab Shack and Bonefish Grill. Fish lovers have an ocean of choices in landlocked Atlanta.